11/23/2014

Backtracking Part 6 - The Eatery

  It was getting pretty late the only thing we saw in terms of a food eatery, at this point, was a Hardee's. I was hungry but, not THAT hungry. Not a huge fan of their food. We continued on. After what felt like forever to me we stumbled upon a pizza place called Pizza House. It looked a little scary honestly due to the location but, pizza appeals to me. So we stopped. My buddy called his buddy (uncles, cousin, friend :) to ask about this joint. Said it was good eats. So we went in.


Batman ever diligent. Protecting restaurant patrons.
  It was awesome in there. Casual dining of course. The atmosphere was perfect. A very nice place to hang. There were a few TVs. The most noticeable part was all the cool stuff hanging in the rafters and atop the booths.

  The waitress was really nice. She asked if we were ready, I said: "we are square." She was goofing around and said: "What not triangular, circular, or rectangular?" Given my level of distraction I missed the joke. I was definitely spacey at this point. I thought they physically made the pizza in different shapes depending on what you decided. I'm a dope what can I say.


The tigers eat any scraps and keep patrons in line.
  Once I finally caught on we ordered a House Special. The dinner conversation on my mind was of course figuring out what needed to be replaced. I had to get prices, I had to go over all the things that needed to be done, I had to figure out what I could modify first. My buddy brought me back down to earth. Being excited is a good thing but, enjoying dinner with a buddy is more of a priority. Once the pizza came out I must have eaten 8 pieces. They were decent size slices too. It was delicious. Super awesome pizza. Not too greasy. The toppings were spot on in terms of flavor and quantity.


  If you ever find yourself near this place, stop in:
 
House of Pizza
305 S Carolina 101, Gray Court, SC 29645

No comments:

Post a Comment