11/11/2014

Backtracking Part 3 - The Trip to Nowhere

  I made a phone call to talk to the seller. He was selling the car for his niece. She was a college student and had bought another vehicle. The is scary and heart warming for me at the same time.

  The drivers side mirror was missing. He didn't know when or how that happened. The title was clear though. No accidents recorded. This sounded promising but, I didn't want to get my hopes too high. We arranged a convenient meeting time for a few days later.

  After an hour and some change of driving, we approached the final destination. We turned on to a roughly paved lane and half wide road. Wasn't looking good in terms of location. I was happy to have a buddy with me at this point because it was starting to feel like Wrong Turn. If you haven't seen that movie, it was just out in the middle of nowhere.

  Next turn was a rock "road" then, just a few more feet and the ending destination was on the left. After rolling for about 300 feet, the trees opened up and there, on the left, was the little 328i parked on the side of the owners stone driveway.

  The place looked decent, a normal country home. There were even chickens. I've never met an awful person, of the few people that I do know who have kept chickens. This was going from bad to better.

  I got a text from the gentleman right as we rolled in asking about our eta. We both laughed when we rolled up and he walked out on to his porch. We were in a rush to get there to the meeting spot on time so, at this point we both had to use the bathroom. I sheepishly asked if we could use the bathroom because of the latter. He directed us to run behind the shed and let if fly. We walked that way and in fact there were several toilets setup behind the shed. Odd but, awesome at the same time. 

  With that taken care of it was time to discuss car business.

No comments:

Post a Comment