2/07/2016

Lipped up - Ikon Motorsports front lip

I found a lip on Ebay. I had my eye on it for some time and it went on sale. I couldn't help but snap it up. I knew it was going to get banged up with the H&Rs sitting Helena lower so, I didn't want to spend good money on something real nice. This is still a daily driver at this point.

I spent the $50 on this thing fully knowing it would probably not fit worth a crap. I got the heat gun, torch, drills, pop sickle sticks, ect. When I actually went to install it I was surprised that albeit deformed a bit, actually fit better than expected. Regardless I played with this thing for almost 4 hours.

I used some 3M Double sided tap at first. I knew this wouldn't be a forever installation. However the poly this is made out of was oily. I tried to clean it off the surfaces but, the tape wasn't having any of it. I ended up using the supplied screws to attach this thing. After much deliberation I was able to get it situated with a little trimming of the lip's underside, and just a few screws. The passenger side is still not perfect but, I was done messing with it at this point.

Night shot.

There she is. Between the lip, the headlights, and the grills, the front end of Helena is looking sexier than ever. I could literally look at this thing all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment