6/25/2015

Finally finishing ASC delete with 10ohm resistor

  
  I finally got around to putting my resistor across the ASC to remove the lights on the dash.


  I twisted the ends of the resistor wire and gently pushed them into either end of the 2 wire ASC plug. The stock connector was so brittle it broke instantly. I was trying to properly de-pin it. I was going to use heat shrink properly however, I decided to "test" it with e-tape first. I'd hate to get everything shrunk down just to see there was some issue.









  With everything taped up, viola', no dash lights. Works like a dream. Easy to do, and cheap too.

  So the question is why didn't you get a silicone elbow. I'll answer that with a question: why do I need it? I mean for the $25 it costs to get a new BMW non-ASC boot and hose, I delete the ASC with stock pieces. Or for $80 you can get a silicone one that lasts forever, resists heat, and is supposedly better. Anyone see any measurable gains with the silicone one on a stock M52 intake manifold? Doubtful. I don't have that kind of cash flow to drop on something that "might" improve my airflow slightly anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment